Easy Apple Cider Vinegar Drink Recipe You Will Actually Enjoy
The kitchen is a great testing ground for resourcefulness and creativity.
It’s a place of recipe making, meal preparation, healthy nutrition planning, and more. For those who are adventurous, it’s also a place where unexpected items can be used for all kinds of applications. One of these items is apple cider vinegar.
Apple cider vinegar is quite versatile as you may already know. It can be utilized for use as a cleaning agent, facial toner, stomach calmer, weight loss companion, and wart remover among many other things. But, did you know that apple cider vinegar can also be used as the main ingredient in a variety of healthy drink recipes? Some of them actually taste good too!
Apple cider was first used medicinally by Hippocrates, the father of modern medicine. Since then, it’s widely used as a “cure-all” option for things like rinsing it through hair to enhance shine and stimulate follicles, spreading it on the face to relieve irritation from acne, and to speed up recovery in wound healing.
Health Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
Raw apple cider vinegar contains important enzymes, minerals, and vitamins. Medicinal use of this simple but powerful item is well documented throughout history. It’s said that apple cider vinegar helps to boost the immune system through the cleansing of the digestive tract and other parts of the body.
Do you have a sore throat? If you do, try using apple cider vinegar as a natural remedy. Due to the acidic nature of the vinegar, it will decrease the pH of tissue preventing bacterial growth. Since apple cider vinegar is also fermented, it contains prebiotics like inulin which is useful in assisting immune-boosting white blood cells and T-cells.
Besides all of those benefits, here’s one you’ll also love: Weight Loss. Say goodbye to diet pills, you never needed those nasty chemicals anyways! As mentioned earlier, apple cider vinegar is a great supplement to any weight loss plan. Some sources recommend as little as 2 teaspoons in a glass of water before each meal in conjunction with a healthy diet and exercise to shed off those pounds even faster.
How Does Apple Cider Help You Lose Weight?
In case you’re wondering how Apple cider vinegar assists in weight loss, nobody knows! Just kidding, but there are a lot of theories out there. Let’s take a brief look at a few more benefits that help with weight loss.
- Appetite suppression
- Increases metabolic rate
- Blood glucose control
- Decreases water retention
- Organic acids and enzymes that enable your body to burn fats more quickly
- Aids in proper digestion, detox, and removing stored waste from the colon and intestines
- Helps to maintain an overall sense of well-being
Apple Cider Drink Recipes
If you’re bold and don’t mind the taste of vinegar, you can take straight apple cider vinegar without mixing or diluting it with water. However, if you’re like most people and have reservations about drinking plain vinegar, then you need to try some of the amazing recipes that include apple cider vinegar.
There are many kinds of yummy drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) made with apple cider vinegar that can actually be enjoyed. Some recipes are simple with just a few ingredients, some are more refreshing, some are more sugary, some of less fattening, some are more fattening. Whatever kinds of tastes you’d prefer to implement apple cider vinegar into your diet, there’s a drink for you.
Warmly Spiced Lemon and Apple Cider Vinegar Recipe:
You’ll Need the Following:
- 16 ounces of water (warm or hot)
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 squeezed lemon juice
- 1-2 tablespoons of raw honey (your preference)
- 1 pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
Just mix all of the above ingredients for a great-tasting apple cider drink recipe. Feel free to tweak the recipe to your favorite tastes as well. You may want more lemon and less cinnamon, more honey, no cayenne pepper, and so on. You can also chill this drink after you mix the ingredients if that’s what you prefer, it’s just easier to mix everything in warm water first.Note: If this recipe is a bit too strong for you, just go ahead and use less vinegar or use more water.
Refreshingly Minty Citrus and Apple Cider Vinegar Recipe:
This recipe will make use of the infusion of a number of fruits without adding any additional sweet additives like honey. Of course, you can also add honey if you’d like, but it’s not required.
You’ll Need the Following:
- 24 ounces of water
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 organic lemon (sliced)
- 1/2 organic apple (sliced)
- 1/2 grapefruit (sliced, optional)
- 5-6 mint leaves
For this recipe, just mix all of your ingredients, then chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours minimum. Allowing the mixture to chill for a longer period of time will cause all the flavors from the fruits to infuse into the water and vinegar solution. The longer you allow your drink to chill, the more robust the fruity flavors will become.
Once you drink all of your fruit infused water and vinegar, feel free to simply add more water and vinegar to your existing fruit slices. That being said, I’d suggest only reusing the fruit for no longer than two days. Just be sure to keep the drink chilled.Many people will also implement fat burning green tea into their recipes as well. In that case, just steep some green tea in your water, then add the other ingredients.
These drink recipes are so easy to make! There are many more recipes than just the two we mentioned here, but I’d suggest starting with either of these first. They’re so basic and are great beginners recipe’s as you get used to consuming apple cider vinegar on a regular basis.
You’ve now got two great recipes to start with:
1.) A Warm Blend of Lemon and Cinnamon Spice
2.) A Blend of Refreshing Citrus and Mint.
Get adventurous, don’t stop with these two recipes! As noted earlier, tweak these recipes, make your own, and try others that you find. If you don’t like the taste of apple cider vinegar, you will definitely appreciate either of the two recipes mentioned above.
Tips and Precautions on the Use of Apple Cider Vinegar
To ensure that you reap the health benefits of apple cider vinegar, follow these simple tips below.
9 Success Tips:
- Use only raw, organic, unfiltered, or unpasteurized apple cider vinegar. Never use a pasteurized, distilled, or filtered variety.
- When you take apple cider vinegar as a pill, choose the brand with the highest percentage of apple cider vinegar content. That being said, the processing of these pills is detrimental to many of the health benefits of apple cider vinegar, so the liquid form is recommended instead.
- If you have osteoporosis, apple cider vinegar is not recommended as a dietary supplement without a discussion with your doctor first.
- When taken excessively, apple cider vinegar could lead to hypokalemia or low potassium which reduces bone density. (Source)
- If you are under medication for diabetes or heart disease, consult your doctor before taking apple cider vinegar to ensure that it doesn’t have a counter effect on your medications.
- Drink a lot of water to help remove toxins from the body.
- Mixing or diluting apple cider vinegar makes it much easier to drink. Don’t try taking it straight or else you may get discouraged and never try it again.
- If you take apple cider for the first time, be aware if you have any allergic reactions – itching, hives, swelling, rashes, or breathing problems.
- Eat a healthy diet!
Now that you’ve learned more benefits of the amazing benefits of apple cider vinegar, stop reading and try it for yourself! Truly, apple cider vinegar is a great addition to a healthy lifestyle. It’s often said that variety can increase the likely success to many kinds of health plans whether they’re related to diet or exercise. So, you now have yet another great addition to your wellness plan for optimal health.
With all the different kinds of easy apple cider vinegar drink recipes that you can actually enjoy, you’ll now have more options for healthy beverages. Have fun!
What apple cider drink recipes are your favorites? Share them below so that our readers can benefit from your ideas, we’d love to hear from you.
Thanks for reading,
Your Friends at Enticingly Simple–