How to Make Infused Water That is Absolutely Refreshing
Are you fond of drinking soda, coffee, and other flavored drinks? They taste good, but we all know that drinking these drinks in huge amounts can adversely affect our health. Why not try adding fruits and herbs? If you’re up for some positive change, start drinking healthy alternatives.
Stop drinking soda and other artificially flavored beverages. Water is what we ought to be drinking on a regular basis, not coffee, soda, or artificially sweetened drinks. But what if water bores you? We’ve got one great solution for that – infused water!
What is Infused Water?
Infused water is a combination of water, different fruits, and flavorful herbal leaves to make the water more interesting, tasting and healthier. Examples of fruits and herbs that you can add to your water are strawberries, tea leaves, basil, lemons, cucumbers, oranges, blueberries, and mint. You can add almost everything depending on your needs and personal preferences. This is a natural way to drink a slightly sweet tasty beverage without the addition of toxic artificial sweeteners.
What Does Infused Water Do to Our Health?
Unlike canned juices and sodas, infused water is a refreshing drink that’s actually healthy. It’s a great companion to healthy weight loss too. Drinking water naturally boosts your metabolism, so if you don’t like the plain taste of water, infused water is exactly what you need. Since infused water doesn’t taste nearly as boring as water, you’ll likely increase your daily fluid intake as well.
If you want to lose weight, getting plenty of fluids is foundational. With infused water, you can cut out those unhealthy beverages that tempt you and replace them with this refreshingly healthy alternative.
Do you have digestive problems or feel bloated? Infused water can be a great way to detox too! Infused water for detoxification is called detox water. It’s a combination of vegetables, fruits, and herbs plunged into cold water. Although infused water is flavorsome, it contains little to no calories. It helps in eliminating toxins and acids from your body, hence helping you feel great and lose weight. Combine your detox water with a full one-week detox plan to make it more effective and fun.
[mks_icon icon=”fa-asterisk” color=”#000000″ type=”fa”] Other Benefits of Drinking Infused Water:
- Helps with hydration during weight loss.
- Keeps food moving through your system.
- Improves your mood.
- Cools your body.
- Flushes toxins away.
- Prevents you from craving junk foods.
- Reduces muscle fatigue during workouts.
- Perks you up in the morning (especially with mint).
How To Make Infused Water
- Gather your chosen ingredients. Rinse them well to make sure they’re clean. You can choose not to peel fruits and vegetables, but be sure to buy organic. Avoid overripe or bruised fruits. Slice the fruits and veggies thinly so that they will infuse more quickly. Fill up a pitcher or water bottle with purified water.
- Wait for the ingredients to infuse into the water. Let the water with fruits and vegetables sit at room temperature for 2 hours at most. The longer your fruit soaks in the water (even in the fridge), the more flavorful the water will be. Remember, fruits and vegetables infuse their flavors differently. Citrus infuses almost instantly, while herbs take a bit longer time. Once you’ve put in all the ingredients of your choice, put the infused water inside the fridge. Tip: To speed up the infusing of leafy ingredients like peppermint, slice or gently rub the leaves together before adding them to your water.
- Drink and enjoy! Now you can enjoy your healthy infused drink. Feel free to refill it with water and wait for it to be infused again.
Note: You can be very creative with your herbs, fruits, and vegetables. To make your water more charming, you can even add edible flowers.
A Few Kinds of Ingredients You Could Use in Your Own Recipes:
- Spices: Cardamom pods, cinnamon sticks, cloves, black pepper, fresh ginger, and vanilla beans
- Herbs: Thyme, spearmint, cilantro, rosemary, basil, peppermint, and parsley
- Edible flowers: lavender, rose, hibiscus, pansies, violets and citrus blossoms
- Fruits: berries, tropical fruits, citrus, melon, apples, peaches, pears and more
- Vegetables: celery, beets, bell peppers, carrots, and cucumbers
Most Popular Infused Recipes
Making infused water is as easy as slicing fruit and filling up a pitcher. Many people have perfected their own recipes using fruits, vegetables, and herbs. Here are a few of the most popular infused recipes and their health benefits that you can try:
Lemon- Infused Water
The most basic and most popular infused water is lemon water. It is also called lemon detox water because it’s perfect for detoxifying the body and helps with healthy weight loss. Add in mint leaves, and you will have a delicious invigorating citrus flavor. It’s really cheap and healthy compared to sodas and other unhealthy colored drinks.
Tangerine and Strawberry Infused Water
Hydration boosts metabolism, while fruity water increases the likelihood of keeping hydrated. Add some cinnamon to this recipe for a bit of warm spice if you’d like. Tangerine and strawberry are fruits available year-round, so you can always keep a fresh batch of this mixture in the fridge.
Mango Ginger Water
Ginger in water may sound strange, but it’s great combined with fresh ripe mango. Ginger and mango infused in water boost your metabolism and may relieve pain such as menstrual cramps and migraines naturally. You will truly enjoy the taste of mango and ginger. Try adding ginger to other recipes as well.
Cucumber Lemon Water
On a hot summer day, cucumber and lemon is a very refreshing combination. This is a great recipe for after a workout or after you’ve been out in the hot sun for a long time. If you need a pick-me-up or a way to cool down, this is a great recipe. Better yet, add some peppermint to this mix, and you will feel refreshed almost instantly.
Final Thoughts on Infused Water
Infused water doesn’t only make you feel refreshed; it makes the process of staying hydrated easy and simple. If you want to be healthy, you need to get used to drinking water. But, just because you need to drink water doesn’t mean that variety and creativity won’t make it into a pleasurable experience.
Fruits, spices, herbs, and veggies will be excellent healthy additions to the water you drink. With the small amounts of vitamins and sugars from these fruits, you’ll find that infused water has the feel of drinking a beverage but without all the unhealthy characteristics.
Remember, there are many kinds of fruit-infused recipes that you can make. Compared to other drinks that are not so healthy, infused water will save money in your purse as well. Drinking water will never be boring again!
Your friends at Enticingly Simple–